More than 50 teams from 9 countries will take part in the competition for the design of two new stations of the Grand Ring Line of the Metro
Applications for participation in the Open International Contest for Architectural Design of Nagatinsky Zaton and Klenovy Boulevard of the Grand Ring Line of the Moscow Metro (the old name - TPK) were closed, the Deputy Mayor of Moscow in the Moscow City Government said on Tuesday, January 16. town-planning policy and construction of Marat Khusnullin.
JSC "Mosinzhproekt" is a single operator for the construction of lines and stations of the Moscow subway, as well as the initiator of this contest. The contest operator is the Agency for Strategic Development "CENTER".
"In total, 51 applications have been submitted to the organizing committee, 10 of which are from international consortia, including experts from Argentina, Great Britain, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Latvia, the Netherlands and Ukraine," Marat Khusnullin said.
According to the deputy mayor, architectural competitions are necessary to attract new interesting ideas in the design of the subway. The head of the construction complex noted that each metro station in Moscow has its own unique look, and "it is necessary to keep this brand".
"Under the terms of the competition, each application must contain visualization of key ideas of architectural and artistic design and a textual description of future stations, as well as a portfolio of contest participants. Ten finalists of the contest will be determined on January 22, "General Director of Mosinzhproekt JSC Mars Gazizullin said in his turn.
He recalled that the competition for the architectural appearance of the stations takes place in two stages. At the first stage, the professional jury will select five finalists for each station based on the application, portfolio and essay. At the second stage, the contestants will develop detailed concepts on the appearance of the stations Nagatinsky Zaton and Klenovy Boulevard. "At the final meeting of the jury, the participants present their projects, and experts will select a shortlist of proposals, the best of which will be realized. The results of the contest are scheduled to be announced on April 17 this year, "Mars Gazizullin said, and recalled that since 2014 Mosinzhproekt has revived the practice of holding professional contests for the development of the architectural and artistic appearance of metro stations on the initiative of Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin.
"Since then, three open competitions have been held, the design for the seven future metro stations of the Moscow subway has been selected. The results of the competitions are very worthy, and are already being implemented. I hope that this time the participants will also offer truly unique design solutions for the Nagatinskaya Zaton and Klenovy Boulevard stations, which will appear next to one of the most interesting places in Moscow - the historical, architectural and nature-landscape museum-reserve Kolomenskoye , Concluded the general director of Mosinzhproekt.
As the chief architect of the capital Sergey Kuznetsov noted, due to the fact that both Russian and international teams participate in the competition, the competition and the level of work will be expected to be high. "We view the competitions as a flagship in terms of promoting the interests of architecture. Each epoch has left its mark in the guise of the Moscow Metro, and our time is no exception. Thanks to the policy of Sergei Sobyanin, we are already holding the fourth contest on the metro and we hope that it will become an event both in the professional environment and in the life of the city, " Kuznetsov says.